Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Because Laney Bug Card


This is the first Easel Card I have ever made.  I really wanted to make one for a little angel's parents that lost their 3 year old daughter.  Her name is Delaney Wadsworth they called her Laney Bug because she loves Ladybugs.  Delaney passed away 2 weeks ago due to 100% fatal brain tumor called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).  If you are interest in her story you can find her journey on Facebook at Prayers for Delaney.  You can also read an awesome article view pictures and watch a video of her here.  There is an address for the family on her facebook page and in the article at the link above if you are interested in sending her family a card. 

I made this card for Delaney's family but also wanted to incorporate it into challenges to try and bring more awareness for DIPG.  I realize it is not a traditional type of card for a grieving family but it is what I felt I had to create with her in mind.





Recipe:
Basic Grey Urban Prairie Patterned Papers
Digi Image from Crafty Sentiments
Wild Card Cartridge - Just Because Sentiment (size 5.0)
Walk in My Garden Cartridge - Tulip (size 2.7)
"Just Because" Cards Cartridge - Ladybugs (size 2.3) Oval (6.0)
Dew Drop Memento Inks for Tulip stems & Oval
Prima - Got Flowers? Mulberry Paper Flowers
Recollections yellow flower brads
We R Memory Keepers Magnetic Twist Trimmer - Deckle
Green Button

Easel Card
Regular card size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Vertical card
Start out with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock and score at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4".
Your card front piece will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2.





6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the easel card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card with such a touching story. My prayers for Delany's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute. Love this easel card. I have a blog award for you after discovering your site. Just stop by when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card!! I'm sure the family will love it. I also have a prize for you over at my blog. :)

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! And congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete