Friday, March 11, 2011

February Circle Magazine Contest: Cricut Everyday!

Contest Rules: Use at least 3 Cricut Cuts from the Cricut Everyday Cartridge in the design.

Surround Yourself
I used the Everyday Cartridge to decorate my tree I keep on my desk to decorate for each season/holiday.  Now I have my Surround Yourself Tree for in between the holidays.  My girls love decorating the tree.  We have only had it a couple months but they are learning that we make decorations for the tree together.  My 3 year old helped hang some of the ornaments on the tree and she even picked out a few of the colors for a couple of the craft items and glued  them together.

Now I can only hope I have been a good girl and Cricut will come and bare Gifts like Santa and leave me some nice crafting goodies under the tree ; )






The base of the tree is decorated with my Circle boxes and Confetti I recieve my Circle Cartridges in.
I carefully removed the cardboard and glued the pretty green circle paper to white cardstock. 
The size is 2 pcs. cut at 9.5 x 4.75 and tape together at the corners on the backside.  It will then slide on and off the base easily for storage. 






Recipe:
Doodlebug Holiday Tree
Cricut Everyday Cartridge
JT Imagine Cartridge (only used for some of the solid color palette)
Circle Boxes...cardboard removed and cut to fit base of tree 2 pcs 9.5 x 4.75 and taped together so you can slide on and off base of tree
Circle Confetti that came in box with membership cartridge to fill base of tree
Purple Cuttlebug 3.0 (cut from Gypsy)
Expression 1.75 (cut from Gypsy)
Scissors 2.25 (cut from Gypsy)
Rest of items were cut from Imagine or Expression-
Gypsy Icon 2.5
Gypsy 2.0
Your Story 2.7
Cartridges 2.0
Circle Head Logo 3.5
Imagine 3.5
Cuttlebug Machine 3.0
Cricut Head 4.0
Jukebox 4.0
Ink Bottles 4.5
Tree Topper Cricut 7.0  (used ATG to glue around top and sides and left bottom to put on tree top)
Ink Pad 3.0
Cricut Boxes 4.0
Live Laugh Scrap 2.0
Scallop 2.5
I used a flipped image for every item made and glued them together so it wouldn't look white on the opposite side of the tree.
Most paper was printed with custom colors from my Imagine.  I have some of the codes if you want any just send me a message or post. 
Used Eyelets and DMC floss to hang decorations on tree  



6 comments:

  1. Super Cute! I love all of the machines and bugs!
    Cricutfarmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tree and love the decorations! What size did you cut them all out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I can tell you did a lot of work on it. Love all the images!!! I so wish I had this cart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much everyone! Donna I listed the sizes of all the ornaments for you under the photos. Paula...I love this cartridge after playing with it! Maybe if you joined the Circle you would still be able to get one. I heard but don't know if it is true; that the next cart might be pop-ups! I hope so...I was so excited when I heard this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so stinkin' cute!...why'd i throw out my boxes?...dangit!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just tooooooo stinkin' cute! LOVE it! I love your blog name, too! I've always loved owls so had to check out your blog. I'm now a follower! :-) Looking forward to snoopin' around some more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete