Friday, December 3, 2010

Cricut Circle December Magazine Gift Bag/Box Contest

Contest Rules:
Must create a gift bag or box using a base from one of the many Cricut cartridges available. Embellish it to fit your style!  Use at least 4 Cricut cuts in the design and incorporate something from one of the November Circle magazine sponsors in the back of magazine.

I wanted to make a gift box that can be used as a gift box but also as home decor' for my niece that is having a baby girl this month.  I wanted to use not so traditional colors to add my own style to the gift.  I also added a matching card and platform to set them on.  The little vase is made out of a prescription bottle and decorated with paper and ribbon.  The top box can be used to put a gift card or small gift inside.  For advertising and because I love this tool....I used the Imaginisce i-rock tool to put the silver bling on the corners of the boxes and the middle of the quilled flowers.  TFL






*Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cartridge - size 11.59 x 9.00 on my Gypsy
*Ashlyn's Alphabet Cartridge - letters and shadow 1.3 on Imagine
*Cuttlebug Quilled flowers
*Prescription Bottle
*Imaginisce i-rock
*Celebrate It ribbon
*The Breathe Paper Collection by Corina Nielsen
*Dew Drop Gingerbread Chalk Ink
* I also cut 4 boxes from white cardstock and used my ATG (Advanced Tape Glider) to attatch them to the colored paper because the particular paper I used is pretty thin and I wanted the boxes to be sturdy.


6 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous!! Good luck in the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice you did a great job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your project! The colors you used were amazing together. Mind if I scraplift? :) Gotta love those quilling kits too - I can't stop making flowers, LOL!

    :) Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Melody, I love those flowers too! They are addicting...LOL I have all three that are available and keep using the daisy so I need to try out the other ones here soon. I sure don't mind if you scraplift; it is a huge compliment to me if someone is wanting to scraplift my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very impressive and creative entry! Good idea for the vase. Your flowers are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete